ReMaking America will create jobs
Hey Congress! We’re talking to you. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) and most Americans would like to avoid a government shutdown.
But you know what else Americans overwhelmingly agree on? Putting Americans back to work. Carl Pope, a veteran environmental leader and a featured author in ReMaking America, busts out some numbers:
If there is a bipartisan consensus on any issue, it is on the urgency of a manufacturing revival. The public has overwhelmingly voiced its support for the government’s adopting a manufacturing policy that puts Americans to work. In recent polls, two-thirds of Republicans, Independents and Democrats alike agreed that other sectors could not replace manufacturing as a source of economic strength, and similar majorities favored a national manufacturing policy.
A four letter word has been missing from the shutdown spat: j-o-b-s. It's time for the Administration and Congress to focus on helping the American people by establishing a national manufacturing strategy to ensure a stable economy and put Americans back to work.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014