ReMaking America will create jobs
Hey Congress! We’re talking to you. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) and most Americans would like to avoid a government shutdown.
But you know what else Americans overwhelmingly agree on? Putting Americans back to work. Carl Pope, a veteran environmental leader and a featured author in ReMaking America, busts out some numbers:
If there is a bipartisan consensus on any issue, it is on the urgency of a manufacturing revival. The public has overwhelmingly voiced its support for the government’s adopting a manufacturing policy that puts Americans to work. In recent polls, two-thirds of Republicans, Independents and Democrats alike agreed that other sectors could not replace manufacturing as a source of economic strength, and similar majorities favored a national manufacturing policy.
A four letter word has been missing from the shutdown spat: j-o-b-s. It's time for the Administration and Congress to focus on helping the American people by establishing a national manufacturing strategy to ensure a stable economy and put Americans back to work.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014