ReMaking America will create jobs
Hey Congress! We’re talking to you. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) and most Americans would like to avoid a government shutdown.
But you know what else Americans overwhelmingly agree on? Putting Americans back to work. Carl Pope, a veteran environmental leader and a featured author in ReMaking America, busts out some numbers:
If there is a bipartisan consensus on any issue, it is on the urgency of a manufacturing revival. The public has overwhelmingly voiced its support for the government’s adopting a manufacturing policy that puts Americans to work. In recent polls, two-thirds of Republicans, Independents and Democrats alike agreed that other sectors could not replace manufacturing as a source of economic strength, and similar majorities favored a national manufacturing policy.
A four letter word has been missing from the shutdown spat: j-o-b-s. It's time for the Administration and Congress to focus on helping the American people by establishing a national manufacturing strategy to ensure a stable economy and put Americans back to work.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014