RECAP: FABTECH Expo 2013
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is closing up shop at this year's FABTECH expo, grateful for the thousands of manufacturers and American workers who came to Chicago this week.
Over the course of four days in the Windy City, we’ve heard stories from companies and workers about their commitment to manufacturing and working in America.
The Future of American Manufacturing
This week at FABTECH, the AAM crew noticed something inspiring: hundreds, if not thousands, of manufacturing students stopped by our booth. As manufacturing professionals age, it is encouraging to see so many young students involved and excited about entering the sector. Along with the students, we talked to professors and teachers from tech and community colleges about getting the younger generation interested in manufacturing. We made sure teachers and students alike left with a copy of ReMaking America to use as a resource for their studies.
Around the exhibit hall at FABTECH Expo
Hundreds of manufacturers exhibited their skills and products throughout the halls of McCormick Place. The American manufacturers proudly displayed the Made in the USA label.
ICYMI: On Tuesday, ReMaking America authors Scott Paul and Richard McCormack gathered FABTECH attendees to discuss the future of American manufacturing. Yesterday, AAM stopped by to watch made in America products in action.
That’s all from Chicago, folks! See you next year, FABTECH!
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014