RECAP: FABTECH Expo 2013
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is closing up shop at this year's FABTECH expo, grateful for the thousands of manufacturers and American workers who came to Chicago this week.
Over the course of four days in the Windy City, we’ve heard stories from companies and workers about their commitment to manufacturing and working in America.
The Future of American Manufacturing
This week at FABTECH, the AAM crew noticed something inspiring: hundreds, if not thousands, of manufacturing students stopped by our booth. As manufacturing professionals age, it is encouraging to see so many young students involved and excited about entering the sector. Along with the students, we talked to professors and teachers from tech and community colleges about getting the younger generation interested in manufacturing. We made sure teachers and students alike left with a copy of ReMaking America to use as a resource for their studies.
Around the exhibit hall at FABTECH Expo
Hundreds of manufacturers exhibited their skills and products throughout the halls of McCormick Place. The American manufacturers proudly displayed the Made in the USA label.
ICYMI: On Tuesday, ReMaking America authors Scott Paul and Richard McCormack gathered FABTECH attendees to discuss the future of American manufacturing. Yesterday, AAM stopped by to watch made in America products in action.
That’s all from Chicago, folks! See you next year, FABTECH!
Related recent Blogs
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014