RADIO: Madison, WI-- Do we still need manufacturing in the U.S.?
WTDY 1670AM's colorful morning talk show host, "Sly in the Morning," interviewed Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul today.
Paul was asked his opinion of a recent report by the Poverty Research Center suggesting that the U.S. is no longer a manufacturing economy.
In fact, the U.S. depends heavily on its industrial sector to support millions of middle class jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013