RADIO: Can U.S. manufacturing become more competitive?
Yesterday, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul was interviewed on WBEN 930AM (Lockport, NY).
Paul, who will be hosting an AAM town hall in Buffalo, NY tonight, was asked if manufacturers in western New York can compete with overseas producers. Paul explained to host Dave Debo that U.S. manufacturing is seeing a certain resurgence, thanks to higher productivity and lower energy costs. But, Paul added, what's needed is a coordinated national strategy, to give manufacturing a bost.
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: President Obama speaking to newly elected mayors • by LDonia • 12/13/2013
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013