Putting in work in New York's 23rd District
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) volunteers Jim and Theresa Bickhart mug for the camera with Jacqueline Chiarot (center), a regional director with Rep. Tom Reed’s office, at city hall in Dunkirk, NY.
Jim and Theresa presented Ms. Chiarot with more than 125 petitions asking Rep. Reed (R-N) to support HR1276, the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act. HR1276 would allow for U.S. companies to file trade cases alleging injury from currency manipulation from America's trading partners.
Addressing the currency issue is important, because we know political pressure works. So nice work, Jim and Theresa! We’ll be watching to see where Rep. Reed lands on this issue.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013