Protecting the public’s health and safety makes for a strong economy
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Michael Mitchell reports on a recent Blue-Green Alliance (BGA) conference in Indiana...
Protecting the public’s health and safety makes a strong economy. So says Blue Green Alliance coordinator Tom Conway.
America doesn’t have to sacrifice jobs for a clean environment. Good jobs and a clean environment work hand in hand in the 21st century. Pending EPA regulation of greenhouse gas emissions has the potential to make a more energy efficient and globally competitive economy in the future. Pollution is simply a form of waste and inefficiency. Environment safeguards over the last 40 years have shown that waste reduction, energy efficiency and greater economy competitiveness, creating thousands of new jobs make existing jobs more secure.
Our nation’s failure to development a clean energy policy and continue reliance’s on foreign sources of energy is the greatest contributor to our trade deficits and a treat to our National Security. Congress should provide loan guarantees, tax credit, and grants for American industry to make investments in increases efficiency and reducing emissions.
Rebuilding America’s manufacturing and infrastructure for a clean energy economy, requires America to retool and renew its infrastructure investment. Congress should expand programs such as 48C Advanced Energy Manufacturing Tax Credit And pass transitional investment measures such as the Impact Act’s revolving loan program.
These policies, combined with EAP action under the clean air act to reduce carbon pollution, are critical to moving America toward its clean energy future. For more information on the BGA click here.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013