Protecting the public’s health and safety makes for a strong economy
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Michael Mitchell reports on a recent Blue-Green Alliance (BGA) conference in Indiana...
Protecting the public’s health and safety makes a strong economy. So says Blue Green Alliance coordinator Tom Conway.
America doesn’t have to sacrifice jobs for a clean environment. Good jobs and a clean environment work hand in hand in the 21st century. Pending EPA regulation of greenhouse gas emissions has the potential to make a more energy efficient and globally competitive economy in the future. Pollution is simply a form of waste and inefficiency. Environment safeguards over the last 40 years have shown that waste reduction, energy efficiency and greater economy competitiveness, creating thousands of new jobs make existing jobs more secure.
Our nation’s failure to development a clean energy policy and continue reliance’s on foreign sources of energy is the greatest contributor to our trade deficits and a treat to our National Security. Congress should provide loan guarantees, tax credit, and grants for American industry to make investments in increases efficiency and reducing emissions.
Rebuilding America’s manufacturing and infrastructure for a clean energy economy, requires America to retool and renew its infrastructure investment. Congress should expand programs such as 48C Advanced Energy Manufacturing Tax Credit And pass transitional investment measures such as the Impact Act’s revolving loan program.
These policies, combined with EAP action under the clean air act to reduce carbon pollution, are critical to moving America toward its clean energy future. For more information on the BGA click here.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013