President Obama visits Tinkertoys today.
President Obama traveled to Montgomery County, Pennsylvania today to visit the Rodon Group manufacturing facility in Hatfield, PA.
Rodon Group is the sole U.S. manufacturer for K'NEX Brands, a toy company whose products include the iconic Tinkertoy as well as K'NEX, Nintendo, and Angry Birds Building Sets.
In the past few years, Rodon has been in the vanguard of the "insourcing" movement, bringing back 95% of its packaging and production from China to Pennsylvania.
During his factory tour, the president said of Rodon's Knex operation:
They manufacture almost 3,000 K’NEX pieces every minute. And every box that ends up on store shelves in 30 countries is stamped “Made in America.” And that’s something to be proud of. That’s something to be proud of.
Related recent Blogs
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014