President Obama held an "insourcing" forum today
President Obama held a forum today, "Insourcing American Jobs," and was joined by dozens of of U.S. business leaders.
The President said that the U.S. manufacturing sector has created jobs for two years in a row, but what's needed is to bring more jobs home. He cited executives from 19 companies in attendance and said, "You've heard of outsourcing. Well these companies are insourcing."
The President urged Congress to pass a longer-term extension of the payroll tax cut and said that his Administration plans to unveil tax proposals that will reward companies for bringing jobs home while also eliminating tax breaks that promote outsourcing.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013