President Obama has initiated an Interagency Trade Enforcement Center: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement
President Obama has launched an Interagency Trade Enforcement Center.
Commented Scott Paul, Executive Director, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"We commend President Obama for initiating the Interagency Trade Enforcement Center, following up on a commitment he made in his 'State of the Union' address. We believe, as does the president, that providing a level playing field for workers and businesses will grow jobs in America.
"We have provided the president with his first opportunity to deliver on his promise to guarantee a level playing field. In four separate reports issued last month, we unequivocally established that China is violating its trade obligations with respect to the automotive parts supply chain, to the detriment of American manufacturers and workers.
"With hundreds of thousands of jobs at stake in the very heart of American manufacturing, we urge the president to carefully investigate, and then if appropriate, take decisive trade actions to stop China's persistent and damaging violations.
"There is strong evidence to suggest that the auto parts sector is not rebounding in the same manner as the automotive assembly sector, solely on the basis of a surge of Chinese imports made possible by its extraordinarily damaging mercantilism.
"The good news is that it is not too late. If the president acts now, we can not only save this critical sector, we can grow it.
"The American people and this Administration have invested too much in our domestic auto sector to see it put at risk by reckless flaunting of trade obligations by China's government.
"The time for action is now. "
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013