President Obama has been talking up the idea of "Made in America"
Here at ManufactureThis, we're always pushing "Made in America." But it seems like President Obama has been picking up on the theme quite a lot of late...
In a video last week, the president touted several different "Made in America" products (see embedded video below).
The president's interest in "Made in America" actually goes back at least as far as last fall, when he gave a radio address aimed at promoting American-made products:
These agreements will help us reach my goal of doubling American exports by 2014 — a goal we’re on pace to meet,” Obama said. “And they’re powerful examples of how we can rebuild an economy that’s focused on what our country has always done best — making and selling products all over the world that are stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’
Read more about the president's push for "Made in America."
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014