President Obama has been talking up the idea of "Made in America"
Here at ManufactureThis, we're always pushing "Made in America." But it seems like President Obama has been picking up on the theme quite a lot of late...
In a video last week, the president touted several different "Made in America" products (see embedded video below).
The president's interest in "Made in America" actually goes back at least as far as last fall, when he gave a radio address aimed at promoting American-made products:
These agreements will help us reach my goal of doubling American exports by 2014 — a goal we’re on pace to meet,” Obama said. “And they’re powerful examples of how we can rebuild an economy that’s focused on what our country has always done best — making and selling products all over the world that are stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’
Read more about the president's push for "Made in America."
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014