President Obama has been talking up the idea of "Made in America"
Here at ManufactureThis, we're always pushing "Made in America." But it seems like President Obama has been picking up on the theme quite a lot of late...
In a video last week, the president touted several different "Made in America" products (see embedded video below).
The president's interest in "Made in America" actually goes back at least as far as last fall, when he gave a radio address aimed at promoting American-made products:
These agreements will help us reach my goal of doubling American exports by 2014 — a goal we’re on pace to meet,” Obama said. “And they’re powerful examples of how we can rebuild an economy that’s focused on what our country has always done best — making and selling products all over the world that are stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’
Read more about the president's push for "Made in America."
Related recent Blogs
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014