President Obama has been talking up the idea of "Made in America"
Here at ManufactureThis, we're always pushing "Made in America." But it seems like President Obama has been picking up on the theme quite a lot of late...
In a video last week, the president touted several different "Made in America" products (see embedded video below).
The president's interest in "Made in America" actually goes back at least as far as last fall, when he gave a radio address aimed at promoting American-made products:
These agreements will help us reach my goal of doubling American exports by 2014 — a goal we’re on pace to meet,” Obama said. “And they’re powerful examples of how we can rebuild an economy that’s focused on what our country has always done best — making and selling products all over the world that are stamped with three proud words: ‘Made in America.’
Read more about the president's push for "Made in America."
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013