President Obama announces research access for manufacturing entrepreneurs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement.
This afternoon, President Obama announced the opening of federal laboratories and public-private research spaces to entrepreneurs. Specifically, the White House has unveiled plans to provide manufacturing entrepreneurs with access to "more than $5 billion worth of advanced equipment in federal R&D facilities that they may use to develop new technologies and launch new inventions."
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“The President’s announcement is an important step on the path toward a more vibrant manufacturing ecosystem in America. Opening federally supported research spaces to American entrepreneurs will help to ensure that we not only dream up the next big idea, but that we also make it here.”
To help spur manufacturing job growth, AAM is urging Washington to implement a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014