President Obama announces research access for manufacturing entrepreneurs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement.
This afternoon, President Obama announced the opening of federal laboratories and public-private research spaces to entrepreneurs. Specifically, the White House has unveiled plans to provide manufacturing entrepreneurs with access to "more than $5 billion worth of advanced equipment in federal R&D facilities that they may use to develop new technologies and launch new inventions."
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“The President’s announcement is an important step on the path toward a more vibrant manufacturing ecosystem in America. Opening federally supported research spaces to American entrepreneurs will help to ensure that we not only dream up the next big idea, but that we also make it here.”
To help spur manufacturing job growth, AAM is urging Washington to implement a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014