President Obama announces research access for manufacturing entrepreneurs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement.
This afternoon, President Obama announced the opening of federal laboratories and public-private research spaces to entrepreneurs. Specifically, the White House has unveiled plans to provide manufacturing entrepreneurs with access to "more than $5 billion worth of advanced equipment in federal R&D facilities that they may use to develop new technologies and launch new inventions."
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“The President’s announcement is an important step on the path toward a more vibrant manufacturing ecosystem in America. Opening federally supported research spaces to American entrepreneurs will help to ensure that we not only dream up the next big idea, but that we also make it here.”
To help spur manufacturing job growth, AAM is urging Washington to implement a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014