President Obama announces advanced manufacturing institute: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement
In Raleigh, NC today, President Obama announced new measures intended to strengthen the U.S. manufacturing sector and boost advanced manufacturing.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"President Obama is doing the right thing by moving ahead with the establishment of innovation institutes to support American manufacturing. The research and development performed at the new hub, along with public-private collaboration, will ensure that the U.S. remains competitive in next-generation power electronics.
"However, manufacturing hubs like the one in Raleigh can only succeed if their innovation and production is, in fact, made by American workers. That’s why we need a national manufacturing strategy and a more aggressive plan to bring jobs home from countries like China.
"We look forward to working with the White House and Congress to build a true resurgence in American manufacturing."
Related recent Blogs
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014