President Obama announces advanced manufacturing institute: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement
In Raleigh, NC today, President Obama announced new measures intended to strengthen the U.S. manufacturing sector and boost advanced manufacturing.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"President Obama is doing the right thing by moving ahead with the establishment of innovation institutes to support American manufacturing. The research and development performed at the new hub, along with public-private collaboration, will ensure that the U.S. remains competitive in next-generation power electronics.
"However, manufacturing hubs like the one in Raleigh can only succeed if their innovation and production is, in fact, made by American workers. That’s why we need a national manufacturing strategy and a more aggressive plan to bring jobs home from countries like China.
"We look forward to working with the White House and Congress to build a true resurgence in American manufacturing."
Related recent Blogs
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014