President Obama’s SOTU preview: “I'm going to lay out a blueprint for an American economy that's built to last”
In a video previewing tomorrow’s State of the Union address (embedded below), President Obama says he will “lay out a blueprint for an American economy that's built to last”, that will include an emphasis on improving American manufacturing:
"On Tuesday night, I'm going to talk about how we'll get there. American Manufacturing - with more good jobs and more products stamped with Made in America. American Energy - fueled by homegrown and alternative energy sources. Skills for American Workers - getting people the education and training they need so they're ready to take on the jobs of today and tomorrow. And most importantly, a Return to American Values - of fairness for all, and responsibility from all."
We’re glad that the president is already promoting the manufacturing component of his State of the Union speech, and we hope that he'll incorporate some of the steps that could be taken immediately to improve our industrial base outlined in the letter Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul sent him last week.
And as Paul said in a recent Huffington Post op-ed, now is the ideal time for the president to promote manufacturing: "If the president really wants to see “Made in America” stamped on products shipped all over the world, he needs to be bold. We’ll be watching. And so will voters.”
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014