Praise for Ron Bloom's appointment as manufacturing adviser
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Director Scott Paul issued a statement this morning that praise President Obama's appointment of Ron Bloom as his new manufacturing adviser.
Industry Week reports that Bloom will be tasked with "policy development and strategic planning for the President's agenda to revitalize the manufacturing sector in his new role of senior counselor for manufacturing policy."
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner called Bloom an "excellent choice," saying of Bloom, "He has been tremendously effective at Treasury and is uniquely qualified for this important role in the White House."
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013