Postcard from Indiana: Hoosier State Democrats Support American Manufacturing Workers
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) spent May 31 talking about jobs and trade at the Indiana Democratic Party convention in Indianapolis. More than 1,700 delegates joined together for the event to nominate their slate of candidates for office and to develop the 2014 party platform, which included language to support manufacturing workers in Indiana and the rest of the country:
Trade deals must also benefit Hoosier workers. The Indiana Democratic Party supports aggressively enforcing the fair trade policies already in place, and will push for any new trade agreements to include strong standards on labor, the environment, and currency manipulation. We must crack down on unfair practices that lead to a loss of Hoosier jobs. Indiana manufacturers face unfair competition and we need to level the playing field.
Several delegates visited the AAM booth to talk with Mike Mitchell and I about manufacturing in the Hoosier state, and many of the delegates signed up to take action by telling their legislators to “Put America Back to Work.”
Thank you to the Indiana Democratic Party for such a warm welcome!
Pictured: AAM staff pose with the winner of our all-American-made gift basket.
This post was written by AAM Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014