Post-It Notes, an iconic Made in America item all around the world
3M has exactly two factories cranking out Post-It notes: one in France, that makes the sticky notes for the European market, and one in Cynthiana, Kentucky that makes the pads for everywhere else in the world. What started as a 200,000 square foot factory in a tobacco warehouse is now nearly half a million square feet. 3M sells Post-It products in nearly 150 countries.
Image by Flickr user Michael Arrighi, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013