Post-It Notes, an iconic Made in America item all around the world
3M has exactly two factories cranking out Post-It notes: one in France, that makes the sticky notes for the European market, and one in Cynthiana, Kentucky that makes the pads for everywhere else in the world. What started as a 200,000 square foot factory in a tobacco warehouse is now nearly half a million square feet. 3M sells Post-It products in nearly 150 countries.
Image by Flickr user Michael Arrighi, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013