Post-It Notes, an iconic Made in America item all around the world
3M has exactly two factories cranking out Post-It notes: one in France, that makes the sticky notes for the European market, and one in Cynthiana, Kentucky that makes the pads for everywhere else in the world. What started as a 200,000 square foot factory in a tobacco warehouse is now nearly half a million square feet. 3M sells Post-It products in nearly 150 countries.
Image by Flickr user Michael Arrighi, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014