Positive, eco-friendly, American-made jewelry
“Made in America with Love” is the slogan of Rhode Island based Jewelry Company, Alex and Ani. Armed with an innovative design and a fresh take on the continually reconceived charm bracelet idea, the company aims to promote a positive message.
Designer Carolyn Rafaelian has created a line, named for her first two daughters, that incorporates symbolism and the spirit of positive energy into each eco-friendly, American-made piece of jewelry. Rafaelian grew up in the industry, her father a jewelry manufacturer himself.
The expandable concept used in Alex and Ani’s bracelets and rings replaces traditional clasps with a sliding mechanism, making each piece adjustable. All of the items are manufactured from recycled materials here in the United States, in keeping with the mission of being an environmentally conscious company.
Alex and Ani offers many different collections, including Charity by Design in which each piece of jewelry benefits and embodies the message of a different charity organization. Other collections include charms with initials, collegiate logos, and much more.
Each charm is designed to enlighten the mind, empower the spirit, and symbolize something significant to the wearer. Rafaelian said she believes her life’s work is to support communities and organizations while inspiring her customers to cherish their unique and authentic characteristics.
Post researched and written by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) intern Jaclyn Knell.
Related recent Blogs
- Festive sweater season is upon us ... make sure yours is Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/22/2013
- Travel clothing is comfiest when it's Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/08/2013
- Hailing the Glow Cloud, in a strictly American-made way • by LDonia • 11/01/2013
- Keep warm this winter (or next week) the American-made way • by LDonia • 10/18/2013
- Keep dry with an American-made raincoat • by LDonia • 10/11/2013
- Keep your Breaking Bad costume Made in America • by LDonia • 09/27/2013
- Nanette Lepore's Spring 2014 American-made couture • by LDonia • 09/13/2013
- New York City-made clothing barely visible among garments sold in the United States • by LDonia • 09/06/2013
- Keep your ballroom dance aspirations American-made • by LDonia • 08/30/2013
- Love T-shirts? Make sure you keep your T's Made in the USA • by LDonia • 08/23/2013