Our Poll Says Manufacturing Matters
The verdict is in. Americans, no longer see the U.S. as the world's strongest economy, and they believe Washington isn't doing enough to save manufacturing jobs. That's the results of a new poll released by the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM). 1,000 likely voters were polled and it turns out that their top concern is "We have lost too many manufacturing jobs." They rank that above even such urgent issues as government debt, loss of life in Iraq and Afghanistan, the high cost of health care, illegal immigration, or terrorism. Learn more.
After the release of the AMM poll, Democrats took it upon themselves to utilize a "Make it in America" agenda during campaign time at home. Former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi even spoke on the issue at Netroots Nation in Vegas.
View a video summarizing the poll's findings:
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013