Our final 2013 recap: the posts you love most
We know you can't see it through the computer, but your friends at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) are blushing over here! Why? Well, in 2013 you made us feel like Sally Field accepting her Oscar for Places in the Heart.
We just can't deny the fact that you like me ... er ... us! For in 2013 AAM wrote (and wrote and wrote) and you read (and read and read).
Here were your favorite posts that AAM wrote in 2013:
51 American-made holiday gifts from around the country - I guess this is a good indicator that ManufactureThis readers take their commitment to buying American-made products seriously. While this post was published in November, it still managed to be our best-read 2013 blog post. Here's to more American-made products in 2014!
Report Says U.S. Military Dangerously Dependent on Foreign Suppliers - And clearly you take America's security and disaster preparedness seriously, too. This post prompted a number of emails, tweets, and Facebook comments in response.
NEW INDEX: Which cars are really Made in the USA? - Like I said, you all love your Made in the USA stories. Consider it noted!
That awkward moment when an American-made beer company gives away a Made in China hat at a baseball game in the nation's capital - Related to how much you all love Made in the USA stories, you also like to express your displeasure with companies who don't produce in the USA. We heard it over and over again after we published this article (and corresponding photo).
Grown in America, processed in China, sold in America: A case of globetrotting chickens - ManufactureThis readers seem quite leery of Chinese-made products. And one thing induces mistrust and disgust more quickly than any others: food. You all have made yourselves heard: You do not want your food items coming from China. Again, noted.
Thank you, ManufactureThis readers, for making 2013 one of our blog's most well-read. Here's to 2014!
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014