Okay, so you're saying people don't buy "things" any more?...
Hey, citizens of earth--a quick question: do you still buy socks, shoes, radios, iPods, belts, combs, sunglasses?... Or, are you buying fewer manufactured goods and instead spending more money on intangible "services" like investment advice, website updates, and x-ray consultations?
We have a feeling that you're still buying headphones and pants and cell phones and TVs and hats...
However, Mark Perry at the American Enterprise Institute's (AEI) Enterprise blog suggests that there's a "global trend as the entire world moves increasingly towards a more services-intensive global economy."
Perry says "we’re all better off because of that global 'decline in manufacturing.'"
We're laughing at ManufactureThis because Perry didn't type his blog piece on an imaginary computer, or drive to the store in an imaginary car, or eat his cereal in an imaginary bowl.
The world runs on tangible things. Someone has to make those goods.
There's money to be made in producing things-- good jobs, an economy to drive. Learn more about the importance of manufacturing to the U.S. economy.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013