Oh yes: A Made in America Girl Scout project
If you think of teenagers as listless do-nothings, please think again, because the coolest teenager in New Jersey has been identified. Meet 16-year-old Girl Scout Rebecca Conn, who is putting together a very legit project to earn a Gold Award, the highest award in scouting. Conn is putting together a Buy American vendor expo to highlight the importance of American manufacturing to the national economy.
(Conn) believes that buying American is the way to do it. She is planning a Buy American Expo, an event that will showcase vendors who sell goods proudly made in America. …
“People tell me they’d love to buy American, but simply can’t find anything. This expo will solve that problem just in time for the holidays,” Rebecca stated.
Conn has rounded up an impressive list of vendors for next month's event. So: Are you, in the greater Philadelphia area? Then head out to Conn’s Buy American Expo in Sicklerville, New Jersey on November 16 and get some of your holiday shopping out of the way early.
Read the whole story from Patch. Or, better yet, check out Conn’s website, where you can find more details on the expo, her Gold Award project, and a list of American-made manufacturers (she's got a pretty cool Youtube page, too).
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014