Oh yes: A Made in America Girl Scout project
If you think of teenagers as listless do-nothings, please think again, because the coolest teenager in New Jersey has been identified. Meet 16-year-old Girl Scout Rebecca Conn, who is putting together a very legit project to earn a Gold Award, the highest award in scouting. Conn is putting together a Buy American vendor expo to highlight the importance of American manufacturing to the national economy.
(Conn) believes that buying American is the way to do it. She is planning a Buy American Expo, an event that will showcase vendors who sell goods proudly made in America. …
“People tell me they’d love to buy American, but simply can’t find anything. This expo will solve that problem just in time for the holidays,” Rebecca stated.
Conn has rounded up an impressive list of vendors for next month's event. So: Are you, in the greater Philadelphia area? Then head out to Conn’s Buy American Expo in Sicklerville, New Jersey on November 16 and get some of your holiday shopping out of the way early.
Read the whole story from Patch. Or, better yet, check out Conn’s website, where you can find more details on the expo, her Gold Award project, and a list of American-made manufacturers (she's got a pretty cool Youtube page, too).
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014