Oh yes: A Made in America Girl Scout project
If you think of teenagers as listless do-nothings, please think again, because the coolest teenager in New Jersey has been identified. Meet 16-year-old Girl Scout Rebecca Conn, who is putting together a very legit project to earn a Gold Award, the highest award in scouting. Conn is putting together a Buy American vendor expo to highlight the importance of American manufacturing to the national economy.
(Conn) believes that buying American is the way to do it. She is planning a Buy American Expo, an event that will showcase vendors who sell goods proudly made in America. …
“People tell me they’d love to buy American, but simply can’t find anything. This expo will solve that problem just in time for the holidays,” Rebecca stated.
Conn has rounded up an impressive list of vendors for next month's event. So: Are you, in the greater Philadelphia area? Then head out to Conn’s Buy American Expo in Sicklerville, New Jersey on November 16 and get some of your holiday shopping out of the way early.
Read the whole story from Patch. Or, better yet, check out Conn’s website, where you can find more details on the expo, her Gold Award project, and a list of American-made manufacturers (she's got a pretty cool Youtube page, too).
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014