October 5, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Updates, Schumer vs. Boehner, Cyberattacks, and More
The Hill: Sen. Schumer called on Speaker Boehner to put the bill up for a vote in the House.
TPM: Senate Minority Leader McConnell wants to tie the currency bill to the American Jobs Act.
NYT: China strongly objected to the bill.
AP: The effect of foreign policy (including China’s currency manipulation) on the GOP primary.
AP: Is China an issue area where Democrats and Republicans can agree?
WSJ: China’s hackers are rewarded for their cyberattacks on the United States.
Trade Reform: Fed Chairman Bernanke has harsh words for China’s currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014