October 5, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Updates, Schumer vs. Boehner, Cyberattacks, and More
The Hill: Sen. Schumer called on Speaker Boehner to put the bill up for a vote in the House.
TPM: Senate Minority Leader McConnell wants to tie the currency bill to the American Jobs Act.
NYT: China strongly objected to the bill.
AP: The effect of foreign policy (including China’s currency manipulation) on the GOP primary.
AP: Is China an issue area where Democrats and Republicans can agree?
WSJ: China’s hackers are rewarded for their cyberattacks on the United States.
Trade Reform: Fed Chairman Bernanke has harsh words for China’s currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014