October 5, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Updates, Schumer vs. Boehner, Cyberattacks, and More
The Hill: Sen. Schumer called on Speaker Boehner to put the bill up for a vote in the House.
TPM: Senate Minority Leader McConnell wants to tie the currency bill to the American Jobs Act.
NYT: China strongly objected to the bill.
AP: The effect of foreign policy (including China’s currency manipulation) on the GOP primary.
AP: Is China an issue area where Democrats and Republicans can agree?
WSJ: China’s hackers are rewarded for their cyberattacks on the United States.
Trade Reform: Fed Chairman Bernanke has harsh words for China’s currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014