October 5, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Updates, Schumer vs. Boehner, Cyberattacks, and More
The Hill: Sen. Schumer called on Speaker Boehner to put the bill up for a vote in the House.
TPM: Senate Minority Leader McConnell wants to tie the currency bill to the American Jobs Act.
NYT: China strongly objected to the bill.
AP: The effect of foreign policy (including China’s currency manipulation) on the GOP primary.
AP: Is China an issue area where Democrats and Republicans can agree?
WSJ: China’s hackers are rewarded for their cyberattacks on the United States.
Trade Reform: Fed Chairman Bernanke has harsh words for China’s currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013