October 5, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Updates, Schumer vs. Boehner, Cyberattacks, and More
The Hill: Sen. Schumer called on Speaker Boehner to put the bill up for a vote in the House.
TPM: Senate Minority Leader McConnell wants to tie the currency bill to the American Jobs Act.
NYT: China strongly objected to the bill.
AP: The effect of foreign policy (including China’s currency manipulation) on the GOP primary.
AP: Is China an issue area where Democrats and Republicans can agree?
WSJ: China’s hackers are rewarded for their cyberattacks on the United States.
Trade Reform: Fed Chairman Bernanke has harsh words for China’s currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014