October 21, 2011 Headlines: Federal Loans for Outsourcing, Senate Blocks Jobs Bill, and More
ABC: An electric car company took a $529 million federal loan, and is building the cars in Finland.
The Hill: Last night the Senate blocked another jobs bill.
Bloomberg: Scranton, PA has been hit hard by the Great Recession, and people aren’t happy with the lack of action on jobs.
AP: People are losing confidence in Obama’s ability to deliver on the economy.
Bloomberg: More on the SolarWorld trade case against China.
AP: Toyota’s factory in Thailand is suspending production, thanks to supply chain problems.
WSJ: Where will the job growth be?
AP: The Cleveland Fed sees a slight recovery, but long-term unemployment still persists.
WSJ: Analysis of the recent trade deals passed by Congress.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013