October 19, 2011 Headlines: Bipartisan Infrastructure Ideas, China Currency and the GOP, and More
WaPo: Bipartisan support already exists for these infrastructure ideas.
Bloomberg: China’s stocks fall, led by losses in the auto industry.
WaPo: The China currency issue is sweeping through the GOP candidates.
WSJ: Has China succeeded in creating a soft landing for their once-surging economy?
Yglesias: For the first time, wages are outpacing productivity in China.
Tom Friedman: China manipulates their currency, this harms China and the U.S., I support the China currency bill, but it shouldn’t become law. What??
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014