October 19, 2011 Headlines: Bipartisan Infrastructure Ideas, China Currency and the GOP, and More
WaPo: Bipartisan support already exists for these infrastructure ideas.
Bloomberg: China’s stocks fall, led by losses in the auto industry.
WaPo: The China currency issue is sweeping through the GOP candidates.
WSJ: Has China succeeded in creating a soft landing for their once-surging economy?
Yglesias: For the first time, wages are outpacing productivity in China.
Tom Friedman: China manipulates their currency, this harms China and the U.S., I support the China currency bill, but it shouldn’t become law. What??
Related recent Blogs
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013