October 13, 2011 Headlines: Trade Deals Pass Congress, Reactions from China, China's High-Speed Rail, and More
NYT: Congress cleared three trade deals last night: Korea, Panama, Colombia.
Bloomberg: U.S. Trade Deficit stays near the four-month low of $45.8 billion ($45,800,000,000).
WSJ: How will China react to the currency bill?
WSJ: Is the Yuan exchange rate giving us hidden messages?
Time: Is the only way to get China to act by moving in secret? Can we no longer pass laws that the Chinese know about?
WSJ: Reactions to China’s shrinking trade surplus.
Infrastructurist: What does China’s high-speed rail say about the nation’s character?
WSJ: More reactions to Mitt Romney’s tough China stance in Tuesday’s debate.
Yglesias: Does Mitt Romney have a secret plan to fix the economy?
WSJ: There are now 4.6 unemployed people per job opening.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013