October 12, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Bill Passes Senate, GOP Debates the Economy, and More
Last night the Senate passed the China currency bill. Read coverage from Bloomberg, The New York Times, The Hill, and the Washington Post.
China predictably criticized the decision. Coverage from the AP, The Wall Street Journal, and Xinhua.
WaPo: The jobs bill failed in the Senate.
The GOP presidential candidates debated economic issues last night. Read analysis from Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
WaPo: Last night’s debate also forced the candidates to talk about China’s currency manipulation.
USAT: Meanwhile, the President sat down with some construction workers to talk jobs.
WSJ: More in-depth analysis of the currency issue.
Related recent Blogs
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013