Obama is Runner-Up for Most Powerful Man in the World
Forbes just recently released their list of the most powerful people in the world, but what was shocking was who was at the top of that list. No, it wasn't President Obama, but the man that he's been engaging with in meek banter over the manipulation of currency--Chinese President Hu Jintao.
Disconcerting? You bet.
Forbes also said this on China:
Recently surpassed Japan to become the world's second-largest economy both in absolute and purchasing power terms. Credible estimates have China poised to overtake U.S. as world's largest economy in 25 years -- although, crucially, not on a per-capita basis. Creditor nation oversees world's largest reserves at $2.65 trillion- - $1.5 trillion of which is in U.S. dollar holdings. Refuses to kowtow to U.S. pressure to change its exchange-rate regime. Heads world's largest army (in size).
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013