Obama-Hu Meeting: Very Disappointing Results
This week's Obama-Hu meeting proved to be a great disappointment for U.S. manufacturers and their workers. Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul said:
"The state visit did little to change the underlying dynamic of the dysfunctional U.S.-China economic relationship. Business deals, while important, are no substitute for firm commitments from China to stop its currency manipulation and to end its illegal subsidies of industry. And they are no substitute for clearly defined consequences if China fails to make progress.
"I'm afraid that there is very little good news in this for American workers. China has received a bounty of good public relations while avoiding any repercussions for its mercantilism. Once again, China has called our bluff. It is a very disappointing result for workers and businesses that face unfair competition from China."
**Click here to read more facts about the U.S.-China trade relationship.
**Click here to view AAM's recent newspaper ads regarding the Obama-Hu meeting.
Related recent Blogs
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013