Obama, Biden to Visit Kokomo, Indiana Tuesday
Tomorrow, the President and Vice President will travel to Kokomo, Ind. to spolight the city as an example of the success of the Recovery Act and the Obama administration's auto restructuring plan.
President Obama and Vice President Biden will visit the Chrysler Group's Indiana Transmission Plant II to take a tour and give some remarks about how the auto restructuring plan has helped the community. Money from the stimulus bill was used to open up a new plant that makes components for hybrid cars.
Despite the fact that the county in which Kokomo resides still has a higher-than-average unemployment rate, enrollment at Indiana University, Kokomo, is up as workers are retraining for advanced manufacturing careers. New businesses are even opening up as this town is slowly getting back on its feet.
AAM's 2009 Bus Tour made a stop in Kokomo as well, shortly after the stimulus was first passed.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013