November 8, 2012 Headlines: the trade deficit decreases, myths about the auto industry, and more.
Bloomberg: Increase in exports leads to narrowing of trade deficit in September.
Wall St. Journal: In President Obama's second term manufacturers will need to continue working the partisan divide.
Fast Company: Foxconn reported to be considering LA and Detroit as potential locations for future factory.
The Motley Fool: Debunking three common myths surrounding the American auto industry.
New York Times: Workers in China find empowerment through unity.
The Register: iPhone no longer among top 5 smartphones sold in China, undercutting one of the company's reasons for manufacturing there.
New York Times: Tariff on solar panels unlikely to help American manufacturers because of loopholes, oversupply.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014