November 8, 2012 Headlines: the trade deficit decreases, myths about the auto industry, and more.
Bloomberg: Increase in exports leads to narrowing of trade deficit in September.
Wall St. Journal: In President Obama's second term manufacturers will need to continue working the partisan divide.
Fast Company: Foxconn reported to be considering LA and Detroit as potential locations for future factory.
The Motley Fool: Debunking three common myths surrounding the American auto industry.
New York Times: Workers in China find empowerment through unity.
The Register: iPhone no longer among top 5 smartphones sold in China, undercutting one of the company's reasons for manufacturing there.
New York Times: Tariff on solar panels unlikely to help American manufacturers because of loopholes, oversupply.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014