November 7, 2011 Headlines: Hu Said What? 15 U.S. Factories Close Every Day, and More.
WSJ: Some of Chinese President Hu Jintao's strong language about rejecting pressure to appreciate the yuan was conveniently removed from the Chinese transcript of his G20 speech…prompting reporters to ask Hu Said What When?
PoliFact: Last week on the House floor, Rep. Betty Sutton (D-OH) claimed that on average, 15 U.S. factories close each day, a figure that PoliFact’s Truth-O-Meter says is sadly accurate.
WSJ: A new report from two Chinese economists suggests that appreciating the yuan may slow down China’s manufacturing sector…but most argue China still needs to bite the bullet and let the yuan appreciate.
Bloomberg: World dodges recession with China-U.S. buoy.
IndustryWeek: China's commerce minister claims that the nation’s total imports are expected to almost equal its exports in the next five years.
Bloomberg: China stocks crop most in two weeks on slumping auto sales, property curbs.
Related recent Blogs
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 13, 2013 Headlines: New wave of cyber-attacks, global trade, and more. • by LRaup • 05/13/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013
- May 9, 2013 Headline: Obama's focus on job creation, creating manufacturing space, and more. • by LRaup • 05/09/2013
- May 8, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-China cyber-spying, April job openings, and more. • by LRaup • 05/08/2013
- May 7, 2013 Headlines: GM denies, Obama blames, Safety Advocates scrutinze, and more... • by LDonia • 05/07/2013