November 5, 2012 Headlines: a century-old factory closes its doors, the Yuan drops, and more.
Washington Post: 112 year old PA-based garment manufacturer closing its doors.
New York Times: Lack of presidential authority to declare China a currency manipulator gives Romney an 'out'.
CNBC: It's not just American politics that will dictate the future of U.S./China relations.
New York Times Magazine: Exploring the remains of the manufacturing corridor between NY and D.C.
New York Times Magazine: Author of story above discusses "suprising truth" about manufacturing.
Bloomberg: Yuan continues falling.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014