November 5, 2012 Headlines: a century-old factory closes its doors, the Yuan drops, and more.
Washington Post: 112 year old PA-based garment manufacturer closing its doors.
New York Times: Lack of presidential authority to declare China a currency manipulator gives Romney an 'out'.
CNBC: It's not just American politics that will dictate the future of U.S./China relations.
New York Times Magazine: Exploring the remains of the manufacturing corridor between NY and D.C.
New York Times Magazine: Author of story above discusses "suprising truth" about manufacturing.
Bloomberg: Yuan continues falling.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014