November 3, 2011 Headlines: Innovation, GDP and the Election, Greek Euro Crisis, and More
The Atlantic: How can we hope to create innovative new products if we can’t build them here?
538: Nate Silver looks at the effect that GDP and the economy will have on the President’s re-election chances. Hint: bad GDP is bad for Obama.
WaPo: Europe is slipping back into a recession.
AP: Chinese spacecraft execute their first in-space docking. Meanwhile, the space shuttle is retired and the United States no longer launches people into space.
NYT: China is seeking $2.4 million in back taxes from dissident Ai Weiwei.
WaPo: Like the United States, China is now facing a crisis of healthcare spending.
NYT: More reaction from China to criticism of their currency manipulation.
WaPo: Effects of the Greek meltdown on the EuroZone.
WSJ: Private sector hiring was up, but not by enough, last month.
WaPo: The long-term unemployed are older than in the past.
WSJ: Consumer confidence remains low, lengthening the recession and recovery.
WaPo: Does the Solyndra bankruptcy mean a coming crisis in clean energy manufacturing?
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013