November 27, 2012 Headlines: Garment factory fires, labor violations, and more...
New York Times: Bangladeshi garment workers protested yesterday in response to the factory fire that killed over 100 people.
Washington Post: In internal audit, Samsung finds labor-related violations in Chinese factories.
Wired: Maker's Row aims to bring outsourced jobs home, bridges design/manufacturing gap in process.
Syracuse Post-Standard: New York state government's decisions in 2013 can make or break the manufacturing sector.
Boston Herald: Massachusetts manufacturers project 100,000 open jobs over the next decade.
Washington Post: Orders for machinery & equipment rose in October.
New York Times: While China's economy shows signs of growth, there's no solid prediction for 2013.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013