November 18, 2011 Headlines: China and Human Rights, SuperCommittee Deadline, Whirlpool Factory Closing, and More
WSJ: Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) was turned away at the Chinese border. Could it have anything to do with his outspoken record on China’s Human Rights abuses?
WaPo: A rundown of the options for bailing out Europe.
Bloomberg: The SuperCommittee is nearing its deadline, with no sign of a resolution.
WSJ: According to the President of the World Bank, China will not bail out the Eurozone.
Bloomberg: The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is looking into whether or not China’s phone companies are a security threat.
WSJ: The effects of a Whirlpool factory leaving Fort Smith, AR.
The House Committee on Ways and Means wrote to the U.S.-China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade to urge them to rebalance our trade relationship.
WSJ: The number of first-time jobless claims shrunk to 388,000.
Reuters: Mounting tension between the U.S. and China is evident in the Asia Summit.
WSJ: In another sign of the times, food stamp use rose in 2010.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014