November 17, 2010 Headlines
Here’s a shock: a Chinese trade association opposes the Administration’s investigation into unfair trade practices in China’s clean energy manufacturing sector.
Breathtaking analysis from the New York Times: changing China’s currencies would help some businesses (that make things in America) and hurt others (that import things from China).
Helene Cooper becomes the 100th reporter to write an entirely pedestrian analysis of Obama, trade policy, and Democratic constituencies.
Megan McArdle discovers that the Chinese are unreasonable when it comes to U.S. economic policy.
We can reduce the deficit by boosting economic growth.
The General Motors IPO looks to be a good one for GM and for taxpayers.
Could Roger Altman be the next NEC director? (He was a leading cheerleader for free trade in the Clinton Administration.)
Related recent Blogs
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 13, 2013 Headlines: New wave of cyber-attacks, global trade, and more. • by LRaup • 05/13/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013
- May 9, 2013 Headline: Obama's focus on job creation, creating manufacturing space, and more. • by LRaup • 05/09/2013
- May 8, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-China cyber-spying, April job openings, and more. • by LRaup • 05/08/2013