November 16, 2011 Headlines: Manufacturing and the Middle Class, Obama vs. Romeny, Jobs Return from China, and More
Bloomberg: A new poll shows Obama losing to Romney in New Hampshire, dragged down by pessimistic voters.
AP: Congressmen criticize the use of foreign aid funds to assist China.
NYT: The United States looks to project power into Asia, to counter an ascendant China.
The Atlantic: To get a full recovery, we need entrepreneurs.
WSJ: Skills training is important to advancement and job hunting.
The Hill: Senators Chris Coons and Marco Rubio are pushing for a bipartisan jobs plan.
Yglesias: Fed President Charlie Evans wants to rescue the economy, not fight inflation.
Reuters: Paul Krugman and Larry Summers debated what the future of the economy will be.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013