November 15, 2012 Headlines: Stories from Rolls Royce, Hershey's, Chicago, the Bronx, and more...
New York Times: Skills training center in the Bronx finds success placing graduates in "green" manufacturing jobs.
Washington Post: Firms paying fines & back wages to foreign students who were employed by Hershey's.
Kansas City Star: House of Representatives may be voting on trade deal with Russia as early as Friday.
Manufacturing.net: The relationship between U.S. manufacturers and the Department of Defense needs to change.
Politico: Ongoing Chinese cyberattacks present threat to U.S. industries
Slate: Now that U.S. & China have leaders in place, it's time to move relationship forward, stop catering to "dimwits".
progress-index: Rolls Royce announces new manufacturing facility in Maryland.
CBS: Chicago invests over a million dollars into manufacturing training.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014