November 15, 2012 Headlines: Stories from Rolls Royce, Hershey's, Chicago, the Bronx, and more...
New York Times: Skills training center in the Bronx finds success placing graduates in "green" manufacturing jobs.
Washington Post: Firms paying fines & back wages to foreign students who were employed by Hershey's.
Kansas City Star: House of Representatives may be voting on trade deal with Russia as early as Friday.
Manufacturing.net: The relationship between U.S. manufacturers and the Department of Defense needs to change.
Politico: Ongoing Chinese cyberattacks present threat to U.S. industries
Slate: Now that U.S. & China have leaders in place, it's time to move relationship forward, stop catering to "dimwits".
progress-index: Rolls Royce announces new manufacturing facility in Maryland.
CBS: Chicago invests over a million dollars into manufacturing training.
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: President Obama speaking to newly elected mayors • by LDonia • 12/13/2013
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013