November 15, 2012 Headlines: Stories from Rolls Royce, Hershey's, Chicago, the Bronx, and more...
New York Times: Skills training center in the Bronx finds success placing graduates in "green" manufacturing jobs.
Washington Post: Firms paying fines & back wages to foreign students who were employed by Hershey's.
Kansas City Star: House of Representatives may be voting on trade deal with Russia as early as Friday.
Manufacturing.net: The relationship between U.S. manufacturers and the Department of Defense needs to change.
Politico: Ongoing Chinese cyberattacks present threat to U.S. industries
Slate: Now that U.S. & China have leaders in place, it's time to move relationship forward, stop catering to "dimwits".
progress-index: Rolls Royce announces new manufacturing facility in Maryland.
CBS: Chicago invests over a million dollars into manufacturing training.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014