November 14, 2011 Headlines: APEC Coverage, SuperCommittee Reaching an Impasse, Trade War, and More
AP: A wrap-up of the APEC Summit in Hawaii.
Bloomberg: According to Obama, “enough is enough” on China’s currency manipulation.
WSJ: APEC discussions resulted in a framework for an Asia-Pacific free trade pact.
NYT: At APEC, President Obama opened up a discussion with China on trade.
The Hill: The SuperCommittee outlook is bleak.
WSJ: Video of President Obama and Chinese President Hu Jintao talking about economic rebalancing.
Forbes: China’s policies on renewable energy are pushing them ahead of the United States.
WSJ: Chinese dissident Ai Weiwei has received enough donations to cover his tax bill.
NYT: Is a trade war in solar energy coming?
The Hill: Mitt Romney says we’re already in a trade war with China.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014