November 14, 2011 Headlines: APEC Coverage, SuperCommittee Reaching an Impasse, Trade War, and More
AP: A wrap-up of the APEC Summit in Hawaii.
Bloomberg: According to Obama, “enough is enough” on China’s currency manipulation.
WSJ: APEC discussions resulted in a framework for an Asia-Pacific free trade pact.
NYT: At APEC, President Obama opened up a discussion with China on trade.
The Hill: The SuperCommittee outlook is bleak.
WSJ: Video of President Obama and Chinese President Hu Jintao talking about economic rebalancing.
Forbes: China’s policies on renewable energy are pushing them ahead of the United States.
WSJ: Chinese dissident Ai Weiwei has received enough donations to cover his tax bill.
NYT: Is a trade war in solar energy coming?
The Hill: Mitt Romney says we’re already in a trade war with China.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013