November 10, 2011 Headlines: GOP Debate, Obama vs. China, SuperCommittee, and More
NYT: Another GOP Debate, this one on economic issues.
Politico: Obama’s biggest foreign policy challenge is China.
WSJ: Is Obama the best candidate for Manufacturing? NAM seems to think so.
WSJ: A slowdown in Chinese growth is bad news for the global economy.
WSJ: Although the recession has been done for over a year, there are still 4 unemployed people for every job opening.
WSJ: The SuperCommittee’s deadline is approaching, and there’s no sign of a deal.
**The Early Shift will be off tomorrow for Veteran’s Day, but will return on Monday, November 14.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014