November 1, 2012 Headlines: Campaigns, manufacturing numbers, Yuan, and more.
Chicago Tribune: Presidential candidates' claims regarding jobs, China, and trade are nonsense.
HTR News: Tammy Baldwin tours factories, touts strong manufacturing base, on campaign trail.
Washington Post: China's improved manufacturing numbers from October suggest economic recovery.
New York Times: Editorial - Romney's auto ad is playing to the lowest common political demoninator.
Washington Post: Manufacturing jobs had impact on unemployment numbers - both positively and negatively.
Bloomberg: After three days of gains, value of Yuan drops.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013