Northbridge, MA -- Lobster Traps and more!
Summer wouldn’t be the same without freshly caught seafood, and since the season is in full swing, ManufactureThis brings you American-made lobster cages.
Located in Northbridge, Massachusetts, the Riverdale Mills Corporation manufactures American-made lobster cages that are used by lobstermen worldwide. The cages are so popular among New England lobsterman that the company gained recognition from AmericanMadeHeroes.com, a group dedicated to highlighting the best manufacturers in the United States.
According to AmericanMadeHeroes.com, the Riverdale Mills Corporation stated:
We're proud of reclaiming an old mill building for our manufacturing plant, generating our own electricity via hydropower, heating our plant with captured heat from our processes and by generating electricity with gas fired diesel generators. These are savings we pass on to our customers ... and we ship all over the world!"
The Riverdale Mills Corporation website describes their American-made products as durable and reliable:
We use only high quality steel in Aquamesh for strength and durability and our rigorous testing ensures long life and consistent performance in every trap. Riverdale offers a wide variety of materials, standard mesh sizes, configurations and wire gauges.
Along with the company thriving in an old New England mill town, it is also employing American workers to build its products.
Learn more about Riverdale Mills here.
This post was written by AAM intern Leigh Raup.
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013